Just updated with new photos and easier to follow recipe. I’ve been making these white chocolate and pumpkin seed spiced cookies for 5 years and I still can’t get enough. They bring all the warmth of the holidays in a really unconventional way that you have to experience to believe. They’re soft and chewy with little crisp and salty bits from the roasted pumpkin seeds and luscious pockets of creamy and sweet white chocolate. It’s all enveloped in a spiced cookie dough that will leave a hint of spice on your tongue.
These cookies are ah-mazing. Think of a cross between a ginger snap and a white chocolate macadamia nut. I tested the recipe 3-4 times over the course of a week to get it just right. Friends and family were my willing guinea pigs and they absolutely loved these cookies. There’s a bit of extra salt to counter the sweet and the spice and I think that’s what makes them so good.
You may also like:Print
Soft & Chewy White Chocolate & Pumpkin Seed Spiced Cookies
Just updated with new photos and easier to follow recipe. I’ve been making these white chocolate and pumpkin seed spiced cookies for 5 years and I still can’t get enough.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 14 1x
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: International
- 210 grams / 7.4 oz / 1.5 cups plus 2 TBSP AP flour
- 115 grams / 4 oz / 8 TBSP (one stick) salted butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Generous pinch of salt (I used about 1/2 tsp)
- 60 grams / 2 oz / 1/2 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds plus an additional 30 grams / 1 oz / 1/4 cup for topping if desired
- 130 grams / 4.6 oz / 3/4 cup white chocolate chips or bar cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 175 C / 350 F.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- In another bowl cream the butter with the sugar.
- Add the egg, vanilla, fresh ginger, and maple syrup.
- Fold in the chocolate and pumpkin seeds, reserving some for topping if you like.
- Bake for 9 minutes.